To mobilize people with disabilities in developing countries and to foster partnerships through ministry, youth empowerment, wheelchair distributions, manufacturing opportunities, and educational development.
Reach Out and Care Wheels (ROC Wheels) is based in Bozeman, Montana and is a 501 (c)(3) faith-based non-profit that provides mobility and hope to people in developing countries by bringing them specialized wheelchairs.
ROC Wheels helps design, develop, and fit each wheelchair to individuals so they can function to the best of their ability. In order to better serve these people, we network with other individuals and organizations to help provide a more complete range of services. We realize the right wheelchair helps a person gain independence, interact with their peers and become a more active member of their community.
In addition, ROC Wheels:
- Helps local youth to participate in service learning, social entrepreneurship, and assembly and distribution of pediatric wheelchairs
- Supports the development of wheelchair manufacturing facilities in the developing nations
- Provides services and support for people with disabilities
- Teaches parents and local specialists about proper seating and positioning
- Empowers local organizations to provide services for people with disabilities, including physical therapy, medical treatment, ongoing adjustments of wheelchairs, as well as maintenance and ongoing follow up