This program is designed for Christian Schools, Church youth groups, Sunday school classes, VBS, home groups, home schooled students and other Christian organizations
1. To empower youth to Reach Out and Care for others in their school, their community and the world.
2. To empower youth by learning the process involved in impacting lives worldwide with the tools and knowledge needed to do it.
3. To empower youth by learning what other people their age are doing to make a difference in their world.
4. To broaden student’s perspectives of the world by learning about a chosen country, its culture and people.
5. To increase student’s knowledge of specific disabilities and facilitate an understanding of the different strengths, abilities and needs we all possess.
6. To reveal leadership qualities in all individuals.
7. To personally connect youth with other youth in another part of their world.
8. To empower youth to directly impact the lives of others by sponsoring and building specially designed pediatric wheelchairs (ROCKIT chairs) through creative entrepreneurial efforts.
9. To give youth the opportunity to participate in the planning and manufacturing of a wheelchair or other adaptive pieces of equipment.
10. To celebrate the unique gifts of each person participating in the program and challenge them to continue to ROC after the program is completed.
11. To challenge youth to discover and use their unique God given gifts to share the love of Jesus through simple acts of kindness.
12. To encourage youth to grow closer in their relationship with the Lord through daily devotions, reading the Bible, prayer, worship and fellowship.
ROC Wheels and Youth ROC has been designed to make an impact at both the local community and the global levels. Youth ROC exists to empower students to reach out and care for others, starting at the local level.
Every year, ROC Wheels travels to several different developing nations to serve children along with their families who are living with disabilities. We do not just give a generic wheelchair to a person impacted with disabilities, instead we provide them with the right custom-fit wheelchair. We also have the privilege of sharing the love of God with others. Our Youth ROC faith based program provides an opportunity for teenage students to participate on a wheelchair distribution mission trip over Spring Break.
The Youth ROC program offers a series of 3-7 lessons with choices of activities within the Action Project portion.
· Program introduction
· Action Project (topics include: Cultural Knowledge, Disability Awareness, Personal Connection, Manufacturing, Financial Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship)
A minimum of 3 lessons is required for the program to be effective (Introduction, one Action Project and Closure.)